HIGH QUALITY SOLAR POOL HEATING
Swimming pools look so inviting but do you swim regularly? Probably not. Even in Summer many pools are just not warm enough to enjoy. A Solco Solar pool heating system will heat up your pool to a temperature that makes swimming a pleasure and will extend the swimming season.
SolcoSolar operates from the Solco offices in Krugersdorp. We install throughout Gauteng and Kwazulu-Natal South Coast.
We have pool heating systems that heat up anything from Jacuzzis to Olympic size pools. From hybrid systems to fully automated systems. We have the solution.
SOLCO SOLAR POOL HEATING SYSTEM BENEFITS:
Once installed, there are no running costs
The system is virtually maintenance free
Installed expertly in one day
SolcoSolar’s fully wetted panels are the most efficient panels available
Our panels are durable and outlast other panels
Our panels are resistant to chemicals, normal hail and frost
We use a modular add-on system for easy upgrading
A Solco system can be turned over after 10-12 years to recapture the heat
A Solco solar system is a green alternative to other methods of heating up water
Available in DIY kits
A 5-year guarantee that we stand by
HERE ARE SOME REASONS TO CONSIDER USING SOLCO SOLAR TO HEAT YOUR POOL:
- Solco’s fully wetted pool heating panels have proven for many years that they outlast and outperform other types of pool heating systems.
- With a Solco Solar fully wetted pool heating system installed, your swimming season could be increased by another 6 months
- Solco is as concerned about aesthetics as you are – We put a high priority on keeping the installation workmanship and quality at the highest level possible.
- Our qualified installation technicians take only a few hours to install an average pool heating system and could have you swimming in comfort in virtually no time.
- Solco’s Fully Wetted solar pool heating panels are guaranteed to work, to last and give you value for money.
- Solco’s fully wetted solar pool heating panels are Modular – meaning you can add panels after the installation.
- Solco’s panels are manufactured in South Africa
- Solco uses materials produced by SABS ISO 9001 compliant companies.
- Manufactured from UV Stabilised Polypropylene, for intense use in the sun.
- The material is resistant to chemicals, normal hail and frost.
- Solco’s panels can heat Jacuzzis to Olympic size pools.
Solco’s design is very simplistic. There are no moving parts and no maintenance is required. The panels are “hollow” on the inside. Water is pumped via the pool pump through the “channels” in the panels. The panels absorb heat from the sun and transfer the heat into water as it flows through the panels.
A Solco Fully wetted pool heating panel is a fresh new look at heating swimming pools, yet our CoruSol© design is proven over decades to deliver astonishing results.
Solco’s Fully Wetted panels have no gaps between water channels. The water channels are inside the panels.
Each panel works like a giant heat producing assembly line. As water flows through each panel, heat captured from the sun, is transferred from one channel to the next in a smooth motion, giving you heated water so comfortable, your pool will be begging you to swim.
Depending on the difficulty – Ie: Trenches, paving, roof height an average installation can vary anywhere from 3-7 hours. Normally an installation is done in one day.
Depending on the weather the average pool with a SOLCO SOLAR pool heating system takes between 3-5 days to reach optimum comfort levels.
REMEMBER, Solco Solar uses “FULLY WETTED” Solar panels – so the ratio is apporximately 1 panel for evey 10,000 to 12,000 liters of water.
The following table should help you to gauge approximately how many SOLID FULLY WETTED PANELS are required to get the pool comfortable. (we do recommend calling us for a free consultation)
|3 x 5||22,500||2|
|4 x 6||36,000||3|
|4 x 8||48,000||4|
|5 x 8||60,000||5|
|5 x 9||67,000||6|
|5 x 10||75,000||7|
Yes, we supply you with the following when you purchase a DIY pool heating system
- Solco Superheat Panels
- The system pack (clamps, connectors, glue, PVC fittings, roof strapping, valves….etc)
- Piping, if required
The majority of pumps are strong enough to cope with the extra pressure of a solar pool heating system. There may be cases when Solco will recommend an upgrade of the current pump. This can be established by one of our consultants.
Solco’s solar pool heating panels are made from Polyproylene, SOLCO can fit panels on THATCH, CONCRETE, METAL, TILE, SLATE, SHINGLES and just about most other surfaces.
Because Solco has been installing pool heating systems for over 25 years, we are able to base our water heating solutions on experience as well as technical know-how. A SOLCO pool heating system has no moving parts and is designed to do only one thing – HEAT WATER. If, however you wish to increase the temperature of the water, there a two ways of achieving this:
- Simply adding more panels to the existing system – it is best to consult with one of our representatives when you decide to increase the water temperature.
- Installing a pool blanket – generally this is the route to go if there is no roof space of it the thermal loss during the evening is greater than 5 degrees Celsius.
Solco’s panels are designed to work without any external aid to compensate for inefficiency, but there may be cases where this is necessary. A pool cover does however, save on the use of chemicals as well as aid in the retention of heat during the evening.